APAC Services, Ltd. is an honest and friendly publication services company, aiming to impact the aerospace publication process by opening up the mysteries of digital publications.
Focusing on solutions that are economically pleasing, practical, regulatory compliant, and provide rapid deployment of accurate, up-to-date documents.
30 + years in aviation have culminated into the company's origination. This is a goal we have dreamed of for several years. We believe that we will address many of the needs in the aerospace community from publishing to helping companies weed through the complex and expensive offerings for SGML and XML document management/publication solutions. Our expertise in SGML and XML allows us to offer training to your employees in many aspects of digital publications. Future offerings will be on-line training, so continue to watch this site.
Jim Guy, President/CEO APAC Services, Ltd.
- SGML/XML Publication Consulting
SGML/XML publication solutions are expensive and complex when looking for the out of the box solution. We offer consulting servies that are tailored to your business needs, practical, and with a sensible return on investment.
- Publication Services
If you are looking for an outsource solution to your manuals, we are the solution. Click the link above for further details.
Our experience of 11 years of technical instruction allows us to communicate the details of SGML/XML publication as well as the editing tools your employees will need to use when editing the digital documents.
Consulting Services for Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML) and Extensible Markup Language (XML) Solutions
- Provide customized solutions to your needs
- A practical solution rather than a complex solution
- Regulatory issues identified in Policy/Procedure Manuals
- An economical solutions that doesn't break your budget
Our solutions have created a production increase of more than 40% with a return on investment (ROI) within a years time.
- Methodology Improvements
- Provide a methodology to prepare SGML from the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) to quickly identify changes and incorporate them into your "customized" manuals.
- Customizing Digital Manuals
- Allow for entering your proprietary engineering modifications into your "customized" aircraft manuals.
- Providing a solution to identify Air Transportation Oversight System (ATOS) and IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) requirements in your Policy/Procedure Manuals.
- Workflow Solution
- Provide workflow solutions i.e., check-out, quality control, check-in, and history keeping.
Our publication service is deliverable in several formats from "Desktop Publishing", "SGML", "XML", and PDF. Accomplished to ATA 2200 specifications.
- Accurate and quality publications from engineering documents to customer requirements
- Timely deliveries based on customer timelines
- A viable resource for your publication needs
- Aircraft Manuals
- Capabilities include using engineering documents to incorporate revisions to the following aircraft manuals :
- Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM); Illustrated Parts Catalog (IPC); Fault Reporting Manual (FRM); Fault Isolation Manual (FIM); Structural Repair Manual (SRM); Wiring Diagram Manual (WDM); and System Schematic Manual (SSM) to name the most popular.
- Policy and Procedure Manuals
- Airline Department Procedure Manuals that are compliant with the FAA Air Transportation Oversight System (ATOS) and International Air Transport Association (IATA) Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) requirements.
"Jim put in place a marvelously effective, if low key, way to manage SGML documentation. It was probably the most sane process I have ever come across, and I had seen many."
Joe Gollner, Vice President Enterprise Solutions , Stilo International
"Jim Guy stood out as the most knowledgeable customer we had in terms of SGML authoring and content management."
Mark Ogren, Sr. Vice President , Jouve Aviation Solutions
I don't know anyone who has a better grasp of SGML and XML than Jim. Jim is in my opinion the quintessential "make it happen" person. In over ten years there has never been a job to tough for Jim to master. He created a customized consolidated 767 AMM with seven models in SGML, Jim created the very first Digital (SGML) maintenance manual for the DC-8 aircraft all with out any OEM help.
Don Ake, Owner, Criterion Services Inc.